Tuesday, October 1, 2013

God's Glory in Salvation Through Judgment... for children!!!

The Bible's Big Story: Salvation History for KidsThe Bible's Big Story: Salvation History for Kids by Jim Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

God's Glory in Salvation Through Judgment for children!!!...well, probably not. But it sure is close! I was super-excited when I saw this book on Amazon and bought it, in part, to ensure my Free Super Saver Shipping(you know you've bought stuff for that reason before!).

I am so glad I did. While I did not expect a Biblical Theology for children, I was pleasantly surprised to find something so robust and so simple for children....and honestly for me. I truly think that a great sermon series could be created from simply following the outline of this book!!

The Bible's Big Story takes kids from the Creation to Consummation, teaching the grand narrative of Scripture in a rhyming fashion. The Scripture references included make this a nice guide to use in family devotions with younger children and helps kids see the bigger picture in one sitting.

The rhymes are memorable and implant core truths into the minds of our kids: "On the cross he paid for sin, Jesus, Savior of all men." "From the grave he rose again, Conquering death and hell and sin."

Based on the format, this would be ideal for memorizing and we are considering how to utilize it in a Sunday School/Home-school Co-op type setting. This is a really good book and I feel very blessed to have stumbled upon it how I did and am thankful to Dr. Hamilton and Christian Focus Publications for writing and publishing this book.


View all my reviews