Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jesus is Most Special--A Christmas Storybook

Jesus is the Most SpecialJesus is the Most Special by Sally Michael
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an interesting children's book that I believe will show itself to be quite helpful in a few ways.  I have enjoyed Sally Michael's work and it has proven beneficial over and again.  This little book is no different.

But it is different.  Not that it will show itself to be of no benefit but, rather, that it is simply unique.  Jesus is Most Special is designed to inform our children of the Christmas story but also to train them in how to share the true meaning of the Nativity.  It is broken into thematic sections in order to aid the children in retelling and Michael suggests, as an option, utilizing a Nativity set to aid in telling and re-telling.

I was not a huge fan of the artwork and the book, to me, just looks a bit odd.  Formatting and pictures aside, I think this is a pretty good little book.

*I received a review copy from P&R Publishing.