Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Donkey Who Carried a King

The Donkey Who Carried a KingThe Donkey Who Carried a King by R.C. Sproul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been immensely blessed by the teaching of RC Sproul and I love the fact that he has written some children’s books that will allow me to introduce his teaching to my children early. I received a review copy from Reformation Trust of his book The Donkey Who Carried a King and it was all that I expected and more.

The Donkey Who Carried a King is what you would expect from a kid’s book by R.C. Sproul.  It is solid theologically, engaging in tone (the story is told in the manner of a grandfather encouraging his grandchild…you can almost hear R.C. saying the words), and just plain fun.  Sproul tells the story of Davey the Donkey who carried the King into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.  Sproul tells a fun story with a clear Gospel presentation.  The book is also beautifully illustrated.

I say that this book was more than I expected because I pretty much expected all of that but there is more.  After the story there are a few pages of questions and answers that allow this book to be utilized as more than just a bedtime story(although it could serve that purpose quite well).

The Donkey Who Carried a King is a fun book to share with your kids that will begin multiple discussions, most importantly about the Gospel.


View all my reviews