Friday, February 27, 2015

Shirley, I Jest!

Shirley, I JestShirley, I Jest by Cindy  Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shirley, I Jest! is a hard-hitting expose on the behind the scenes strife and drama that shows why those were not so "Happy Days" for Laverne or Shirley....just kidding.  It is not that at all.  And if that is the type of work you are looking for you will be disappointed with this great little book (maybe Dustin Diamond has something new out that could fill that gap for you).

What this book is is exactly what you would expect and exactly what you should want.  Honest, insightful, humorous. Williams is not out to throw anyone under the bus but also does not whitewash areas of struggle or conflict.

It was nice to read about here childhood and early career.  This is not a book that will take a major investment of time or energy but it is a book that please the reader, both in form and content.

I received a review copy of this book from the publisher.


View all my reviews